Truce Auto - Ripped Off on Auto Deal
Purchased a 2004 Chevy Suburban from Truce Auto in Madras/Redmond, Oregon on May 31, 2013 using a 1997 GMC 'Burb as a trade-in ($2500 down).$8500 was financed.
Leaving the lot I found the turn signals were flashing quicker than usual. The owner told me to take the truck to their friends place in town. I did and was told he'd have to tear out the steering column to fix the problem. I took it home, removed the tail light lenses and replaced two bulbs which fixed the problem.
On June 15, the fuel guage went bonkers and was told I'd have to replace the fuel pump/sending unit (from inside the gas tank) This I did to no avail. Next, I sent the cluster off to Utah and had it totally reconditioned. This fixed that problem. When I asked for some help with all of this from the owner I was basically ignored.
Told to find a solution on the internet. Then the front wheel bearings needed replacing along with a tie rod. During this process we had to replace the brakes and rotors. When the digital message appeared on the dash saying "service stabletrack" we then had to rebuild the front diff.(All wheel drive:a Nightmare!!) Went to get the trany serviced and found the output bearing on the transfer case was bad and pulling trany fluid into the transfer case.
We rebuilt the transfer case. Had the transmission serviced and went for an alignment only to find the toe-in was 65 degrees toed in. Fixed that. Had tires checked only to find two were de-laming, and two other wheels were splitting.
The tire pressure sensors were bad. Did not replace them. Bought new tires and wheels. Had to replace the A/C belt and tensioner.
Up to this point I had $3000 in parts and labor plus the down and 3-mos. payments. I was SO fed up at this point. They allowed us to "self-re-po" and still offered no help whatsoever.
Every time I talked with them they implied it was all my problem, or, they were too busy to hear me out. I understand the "as is" clause, but having owned the rig for only three months and driven only 1200 miles and to lose it all because I was sold a piece of *** in the first place? In my view this is criminal, at least! These people will bend over backwards to sell you a car, then, have you bend over forwards and "give it to you" over and over.
You can find out for yourself if you dare. First the "Lemon" then the "***".
Feeling VERY Ripped-Off!!Abused, and "HAD"
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Chevy Suburban
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I almost died! 11-15-2015 My 2015 open range light bunkhouse had an electrical fire. The motor to the electric jack was on fire catching the plastic propane tank..."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."